Puff Back Cleaning
Are you experiencing puff back and wondering why it happened and what you should do?
Puff Back? What is it?
Whether you have a hot water heating systems, gas furnace, or oil furnace, there's always a chance for puff back. However, it is most common with an oil furnace heating system. Puff back occurs when there's a misfiring in the furnace, causing soot to spread into your home, covering your furniture, drapery, walls, ceilings, and everything else. The soot coverage may range from a light dusting to a more concentrated coverage. Though it may be tempting to want to clean the soot, it's better left for the professionals. This soot not only is extremely messy and has a strong odor, its contents can be carcinogenic, therefore needs to be thoroughly cleaned and deodorized. National Response Team has the manpower and equipment to get you back to normal, soot free, in no time. Give us a call at (888) 801-7440.
What should you do?
- Call National Response Team at (888) 801-7440.
- Keep hands clean to prevent soot from spreading onto unaffected surfaces.
- Place rags / towels on affected areas to contain it.
- Throw away all exposed food.
- Wash houseplants thoroughly.
- Call a professional to fix you furnace.
What shouldn't you do?
- Don't attempt to wash the affected surfaces yourself.
- Don't use standard cleaning products which could cause further damage.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances which have been close to fire, or, or water without calling a professional first.
- Don't turn on ceiling fans or other fans.
Since 2014, National Response Team has been restoring properties which have experienced puff back. When you're faced with this frightening situation, don't worry. Call the experts at National Response Team, and we'll have your frightening situation handled in no time.
Call for Fast FREE Quote